google analytics

Monday, May 17, 2010

Review: Audrey, Wait

Book: Audrey, Wait!
Author: Robin Benway
Pages: 313
Published: April 10th, 2008
Source: Library

While trying to score a date with her cute co-worker at the Scooper Dooper, sixteen-year-old Audrey gains unwanted fame and celebrity status when her ex-boyfriend, a rock musician, records a breakup song about her that soars to the top of the Billboard charts.
General Overview: I loved this book! I didn't expect to like it so much. It seems to be a typical teen story, but this book was so well-written that it didn't matter whether it was original or not.

Characters: I loved Audrey from the start! It didn't take any time to warm up to her and understand her point of view. Her voice is stark and witty, and she is everything I look for in a heroine! I loved her best friends, they provided lots of entertainment and laughs and supported Audrey through everything. Jonah was so sweet and a little awkward, and I thought he and Audrey made a great couple. I was rooting for them from the minute he was introduced in the story.

Plot: This book had the potential to be terrible plot-wise, but it wasn't. Benway added her own little twists that made this story unique and different from others with similar premises. The story had just a couple moments that were just a little too unbelievable, but it was hardly noticeable and didn't detract from the story at all!

Writing: Audrey sounded smart and funny, and her narrative was full of musical references (which I loved, cos I'm music-obsessed!) and hilarious opinions. Benway's writing was honest and everything was well-written and added to the entertainment level of the story.

Cover: The girl on the cover looks pretty close to how I imagined Audrey, actually! It's eye-catching and colorful and cute. I love the font used too.

Overall: 5 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

Recipe Tom said...

Hi nice readinng your post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails