google analytics

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Hey everyone! Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm really excited for Please Ignore Vera Dietz, by AS King. I've read The Dust of 100 Dogs by her, and I really enjoyed it! So I'm hoping that her next book will be just as good, if not better.
Now that we've established that I really want to read this book, here's what it's about:
---Is it okay to hate a dead kid?
---Even if I loved him once?
---Even if he was my best friend?
---Is it okay to hate him for being dead?

Vera's spent her whole life secretly in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she's kept a lot of his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined everything.

So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, or even the police. But will she emerge and clear his name? Does she even want to?

Please Ignore Vera Dietz will be released on October 12th, 2010 by Knopf

What are you guys waiting on this week?

2 comments:

Ella Preuss said...

I'm glad to hear you liked The Dust of 100 Dogs, I want to read it, but haven't read a review that made me go YAY!

Melanie said...

I had some trouble getting into Dust of 100 Dogs, but I wouldn't mind trying something else by A.S. King. This sounds really interesting, will add it to the wish list and see if I like it any better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails