google analytics

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (9)

Hi guys! Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Wanna participate? Here's how it works:
  • Grab your current read
  • Turn to a random page
  • Share a few 'teaser' sentences from that page (remember, NON-spoilery!)
  • Don't forget to share the title, author and page number of the book your teasers came from. That way, if others like your teasers, they can add the book to their TBR lists
Right now I'm reading The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran. I've just started, but so far, I'm really loving the setting and the writing. So here are my teasers for this week!

"While the court erupted into wild cheers, I felt my heart sink. I fanned away the acrid scent of perfume from under women's arms, and children with ivory clappers beat them together in a noise that filled the entire chamber. Seti, who was now only ruler of Lower Egypt, smiled widely. Then hundreds of courtiers began to move, crushing me between their belted waists.
'Come. We're leaving for the palace!' Paser shouted.
I glanced behind me. 'What about Asha?'
'He will have to find you later.'"

Page 21, The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran

So guys - what are your teasers for this week?

1 comment:

Book Soulmates said...

My friend read this book and really liked it. I should read it sometime :)

Here is our teaser for today!

♥Isalys

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails